- A beautiful beach.
- Water so clear that it is hard to believe it is real.
- Not cooking for a week.
- Swimsuit versus a parka
- No homework, scouts, Activity Days, soccer, piano lessons, etc., etc.
- No cleaning, laundry, or grocery shopping
- A week away with your sweetie
- A week away from the kids
- Traveling with a fun couple
- Sleeping in as late as you want - or even taking a nap!
- Reading a book that didn't involve flaps, hippos, or Dora the Explorer
- Did I mention being with your sweetheart for a full week!!!
Cons of Cancun:
- Being away from the kids for a week.
- Having to travel the roads with the virtually non-existant driving laws (I was seriously scared a couple of times).
Cancun was amazing! We spent time on a beautiful beach with perfectly soft white sand, went kayaking, snorkeling, sailing (thanks, Curtis!), ate to our heart's content, visited the ruins of Tulum and Coba (AMAZING!!), went on a zipline, visited a Mayan village - it was fantastic! We had to laugh because after we finished going across the zip-line over some water we looked down and there were alligators (or crocodiles? - don't know which) in the water. Oh well - another sign that we weren't in the U.S. anymore! The trip was wonderful. We missed the kids and were ready to come home after a week, but totally look forward to going again!
Thanks Liz and Curtis for a great trip, and thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Wagner for babysitting the kids so that we could go!