I can't believe Lincoln is eight years old. Each year he grows up so much, and this year was no exception. This last year he has loved mountain biking, hiking on the bluff behind our house, playing baseball (a new favorite!), and he is becoming quite the swimmer. The big excitement this year was that he wanted a wave board - not the kind for a ski boat, but the kind that is a two-wheeled skateboard. He kept telling us how he was sure that he wouldn't get it. We did nothing to discourage the idea. Instead we kept telling him that he would probably get a metronome since they needed one for piano. He didn't think this was very funny.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Posted by Ted and Leslie at 4:49 PM
Posted by Ted and Leslie at 4:11 PM
Posted by Ted and Leslie at 4:04 PM
Jessie "tagged" me a couple of weeks ago - okay, more than a month ago. I had to laugh when she told me that I was supposed to write six things about myself and then tag six others for their blogs. The only problem is that I only know one person with a blog ---Jessie! However, better late than never, right? My six facts are:
1. I love Sudoku puzzles. I do them every single night. They have helped me get my mind to stop racing and fall asleep. I absolutely love them. When we were on vacation over the summer, Glen did a puzzle out of my book in record time like it was the easiest thing ever. Every night I try to beat his record. I'll let you know when it happens.
2. I love taking pictures. I have taken a few that I really love, but only because they are of people I love. I love pictures that are not completely posed and show the personality of an individual. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite pastimes.
3. I love to tackle big projects. I like learning how to tile a floor, painting a giant room. redoing baseboards, etc. They won't turn out perfectly (at least not for me), but I love figuring out how things are done and learning a new skill. I only wish I could keep my eyes from darting to every mistake when I walk into a room!
4. I hate snakes. There have not been a lot, but a few is more than enough for me. One day Sam asked me if he could go out and touch the snake that was on our porch. I told him that it was just a stick because I was certain it wasn't really a snake. I was wrong. When I came over to look, I saw a three or four foot snake warming itself on our patio. I quickly took a picture to look up whether it was poisonous. It wasn't, but just the way it slithered away gave me the creeps. I thought I was the worst with this until I saw Ted jump when he found a snake in our garage. I guess it is pretty unanimous - we are all afraid of snakes!
5. I have a love/hate relationship with the deer. I hate that my tulips are always eaten and that my bushes tend to be stripped bare. I love that they eat my tulips and that my bushes are food for them. Now that I have a few more deer resistant plants my yard doesn't just look like a feeding ground, either.
6. There are two shows that I watch every week. The Office, and The Biggest Loser. One makes me laugh until I cry, and the other show inspires me until I cry. Either way, Ted and I love watching these shows. Admittedly, Ted watches The Biggest Loser just because I like it, but it is still a great time!
Posted by Ted and Leslie at 3:27 PM