Monday, July 6, 2009

Ode to the Crib

Man I love this crib. It has gone through four kids, seven moves, three states, and countless teeth have been cut on this thing. It has been painted, mended, and loved from the start. I love this crib. I've learned several things from this crib:




1. The crib is a great place for your baby to make sure they are nestled safe and sound and that they get a good night's sleep.

2. The crib is a great place for your baby to make sure they are contained to make sure mom and dad get a good night's sleep.

3. Kids can climb and jump higher than I think. As I am sure every parent has experienced, there comes a point where your child will fall, climb, stand, and jump to escape the crib. With each experience we lower the mattress and pray for a bit more time with our beloved crib. Which brings me to my final lesson.

4. Where there is a will there is a way.



I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the side of the crib has been kicked off by Tessa. It is being held up by the ties on the bumper.

Goodbye crib. Hello extended bedtime routine. Hello mid-night awakenings for a drink of water. Hello new freedom for an active two-year-old.

Man I miss that crib.

2 comments:

1crazymom said...

you need, need, NEED to compile these into books! i want a copy!

Photo Crazy! said...

Sweet and sad at the same time!