Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lyle Pearson 200

Ted and four friends trained like crazy for the Lyle Pearson 200 - a race from Boise to Sun Valley. We all planned with happy anticipation a short vacation in Sun Valley after the race! Did I mention it has been raining like crazy here? Well, it has. As a result the race started out as normal, but when they had gotten about 2/3 of the way to Sun Valley they were detoured back to Boise. As it turns out Mother Nature isn't through working her wonders around here. A mud slide had covered the highway and nothing was getting through - not that way anyway.

Are they disappointed? A little. Did they have fun? Tons. Did they do great? Fantastic! Will they do it again next year? You bet. Will we start praying for dry weather a little sooner? No question.

Now, as much as I would like to think that I am not a paranoid person, I do think things happen in threes. As a result I have already asked that Ted take a weed whacker to the shrubs on the bluff behind our house, at least directly behind our fence line. As a matter of fact we have been encouraged to do this. After all, fire season is just around the corner, and with all of the rain lately (did I mention I'm sick of rain??), Mother Nature has made some soon-to-be-nice-kindling on the bluff behind us. I'm sure everything will be fine, but then again I didn't think Boise had tornadoes, so we're not taking any chances. :)

0 comments: