Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tessa's Birthday - According to Her


We had a birthday celebration the other day. I caved because I could not take it anymore. Tessa has been asking me non-stop (and by non-stop I mean approximately every 32 seconds) when her birthday was going to be here. She would ask me if it was closer now. She would ask me how many minutes until her birthday. It was crazy. It went on like this for approximately four days. When I tried to explain that her birthday was not until AFTER Christmas she was hysterical. She then started stomping around and screaming, "but Christmas is taking TOO LONG!!!"
I actually tuned it out. I can get pretty frustrated, but I can tune out a certain level of craziness around here. However, Emma couldn't take it anymore.
We came back from our date and Emma had made a yellow cake for her, dyed it pink, and also frosted it with pink frosting. Tessa was thrilled. I kept telling her that she couldn't have another birthday until February. No more asking, no more screaming, no more tantrums (yeah, right). She did agree, though.
She also thinks she is turning five. Whatever - it's all pretend, right?

Ted had consented to pretending the cake was a birthday cake, but when she insisted that we sing to her he just looked at me and said, "we're not really doing this are we?" Clearly he isn't home when she is stomping around and complaining every 32 seconds about how her birthday can't get here fast enough. By the way, she hasn't asked about her birthday since.

1 comments:

Liz Rowley said...

That's awesome. Happy belated... or early...birthday to Tessa! Loved seeing your Seattle pictures. Looks like a great trip! It was fun to catch up on your blog! Love you guys!