Monday, May 14, 2012

Turning 40!

This year my birthday was on Mother's Day, so I was esecially pampered, but I was still grumpy.  Turning 40 is not going to hit my "highlight reel." 

That being said, I didn't have any good reason to be a grump (other than the fact that turning old stinks and the fact that I relate to Barbara Bush who looked more like George Sr.'s
mother than his wife and Ted gets a few gray hairs and looks "distinguished" and I get gray and look like an old mother hubbard,  but I digress....) 

I was greeted with a homemade "smoothie" made by Tessa which consisted of strawberries and bananas sliced into a cup - her specialty.  I have a great husband who puts up with my neverending list of house projects, and I have sweet kids who remembered to pamper me all day long.

And I have sweet sisters who remembered to send me this lovely bouquet (even though I am sure they were itching to send me the old vulture cookie bouquet!)

I love you all.  Maybe 40 won't be so bad after all. 

Now if you'll excuse me, it is 3:30 in the afternoon so I better get ready for the early bird buffet at Golden Corral!  :)


1 comments:

Billy and Megan said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear friend! All I can say is that you are a gorgeous 40!