Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Freaking out!

Two things are on Emma's mind right now:  soccer and driving.  She is on the high school soccer team (even though she is only in ninth grade), and she is antsy about taking driver's ed and getting her license.  I wondered why Emma has been more than willing to help Ted put the boat away in the storage unit after we are done , but now I know why.  He lets her drive around the church parking lot, and she is loving it. 

Where we live she can get her driver's license at 15.  I have been absolutely opposed to this thinking it was far too young until I was calculating how many times I had driven to the high school soccer field.  When I figured out that over the course of ONE week I had driven that stretch 35 times just to drive her to soccer practice (and no - that is not an exaggeration) I changed my mind.  Now I am the one who is counting down the days until she can drive, and she couldn't be more thrilled. 




Now if I could just stop freaking out over how fast she is growing up and that next year she will be in high school we would all be fine. 

0 comments: