Wednesday, April 14, 2010

There is a teenager in the house!!


DANGER! DANGER! There is a teenager in the vicinity. Please keep your comments to yourself, do not enter the domain or habitat of said teenager, and be on the lookout for eyes rolling, attitude flaunting, and drama creating behavior.
I think that should be a sign in our house.

Okay, not really. Okay, most of it not really.

Emma actually is pretty mild mannered. In fact, she is one sharp cookie. Our little 13-year-old is in fact, pretty dang sweet. A few updated facts about Emma?

  • She is the most considerate kid I know - leaving notes for her siblings or parents to tell them they are loved and appreciated.

  • She is very bright - at present a straight "A" student - and often we don't find out about how well she is doing until other parents tell us (i.e., "I heard Emma has the top score in her math class - that's great!" My response: "Huh???")

  • She has a great voice and loves to sing.

  • She loves to play the piano for us and play hymns on Sunday mornings. It really helps to set the entire tone for the morning.

  • She loves playing soccer - she loves practices, she loves the games, and she is very competitive in soccer - just like her dad!

  • She is not afraid to try anything and everything. She blows me away at how she is willing to try anything new!

  • She is in her second year of Beehives and is almost done with her Personal Progress.

  • She LOVES Jack. Good thing, too. Her love of Jack has saved him on many occasions.

  • She takes the longest showers - seriously. We can get the remaining five of us showered in other bathrooms before she is out of hers.

  • She is VERY responsible. I NEVER have to ask her about homework, soccer stuff, misc. activities, etc. The only thing I have to get on her case about is cleaning her room - and I must say that if that is the worst thing I have to nag her about, then I am one lucky mom!

Now don't get me wrong, she can roll her eyes like nobody's business, but the truth of the matter is, she is one sweet girl. I actually LOVE hanging out with her. I wasn't sure how I would feel about my first baby growing up, but she is so amazing and we are enjoying her so much that we seem to be doing okay with this transition. :) I make no guarantees as to how I will respond as she as she continues to grow up way too quickly, but for now we will just enjoy this amazing teenager of ours!


Happy birthday, teenager!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Happy birthday, Emma! If they give you a hard time about being a teenager just let me know, and I'll tell you some stories about your parents in high school.

1crazymom said...

Happy birthday! You are such a beautiful girl and we love you so much! Ditto on the stories about your mom!