Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Break Cruise 2011!

We had a great spring break - we went on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. It was AWESOME!

Of course there were some bumps in the road. First, Mazatlan's port was closed due to security issues so we were going to spend two days in Cabo San Lucas, but there was a medical emergency causing the ship to turn around only three hours out of port which subsequently cost us a day there. Also, Tessa got a bladder infection so one afternoon was spent at the ship's doctor's office getting medicine for that. I admit that I was most concerned over the fact that as we walked in to the medical office I looked around and I began thinking to myself, "I know he serves at the buffet" or "that is the server at the table next to ours" or "they clean our rooms!" so I quickly avoided looking around not wanting to know what they were at the medical clinic for. Lastly, our flights were unknowingly switched for the trip home which caused some minor confusion, but still...it was fantastic!

You see, no matter what happens on a trip, if at some point my boys can put their arms around each other (without it being a choke hold or strategic wrestling move) then I will count the trip a monumental success. And incidentally, they got along almost the WHOLE time. I know....it must be something about the sea air. :)



Chilling by the pool drinking some delicious concoction.

This picture is just in to bug Emma. :)

Formal night - Tessa was the designated photographer.





Man, if I could just learn to fold towel animals maybe my kids would be happy to tidy up their rooms. I'll have to look into that....

Hot tubbing after dinner. Of course followed by another dessert. Can you ever have too many desserts? I didn't think so either. Just sign me up for my sansabelt pants right now -


Cabo San Lucas - taking a glassbottom boat tour around the arch and of Lover's Beach. They kept joking that one side of the beach was called "Lover's Beach". The other side had much more turbulent water so they called that "Divorce Beach."

For sure the highlight was just playing in the ocean. The kids were in heaven - and I loved just having the sun out! Man, I miss it in the winter!







Next day, Puerto Vallarta. We did an excursion to a beach called Las Caletas. It was AMAZING! Her we are, and note that we are all happy in this picture.
This is how Tessa sat for the one hour boat trip to the actual beach. She was mad that we didn't sit at the very front of the boat. She kept that sour face the WHOLE time. The other passengers were laughing and thinking it was hilarious. Ted and I ignored it. It wasn't quite as adorable to us, but it didn't spoil our trip.

Lunch at Las Caletas

Now that Tessa has found her a personal servant to swing her in the hammock she was happy again.




Here the kids are getting ready to zip line at Las Caletas. The age cut off was 11 years of age, and Emma was pretty bummed because it looked like a lot of fun, but she played on the beach, went snorkeling, and had fun also.


Lincoln just bugging Tessa by wearing her swim ring. I guess no matter what climate you are in some things never change. :)


Waking up each morning and laying on the window sill to watch the water go by - a favorite for Tessa.
Tessa's favorite towel animal.
Stinker or not, Tessa had won the attention of the servers at our table and those around us. Each night at dinner she would have origami animals, paper flowers, and napkin bouquets waiting for her.
Again - too many desserts? Are you crazy!!!???


Lincoln tuning Tessa's prized souvenir: a ukelele (or as Tessa called it: a Kukulele).
All in all - an amazing trip. However, there really is no place like home. When we walked in the door Ted said, "Why did we ever leave?" The next day we had piano, soccer, track, laundry, groceries, gymnastics, and the rest of real life waiting for us. I love being home, but I definitely remembered why we needed the break!

4 comments:

Suzanne Lancaster said...

So so so so stinkin fun. My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail - I'm sure! Cute family - we miss the Wagners :)

Rebecca said...

Sarah and I had so much fun looking at your pictures and reading the captions. That brought back memories of our cruise together 6 years ago! Was it that long ago? It looks like you had a wonderful spring break!

Dave said...

How awesome - it looks like you guys had a blast! It's great you could all be together and do so much fun stuff. I loved the brotherly love pictures, but I must say that the formal-night family picture was my favorite; it looked like one of you was running for the presidential nomination. Impressive!

Jessie said...

looks so fun!!!